There are a number of ways you can help:
- Monetary donations are critical to the organization and ensure that families are able to stay at Family House for the duration of their child's treatment program.
- Click here to donate online through Network for Good.
- To mail a donation, please make your check payable to Family House, 50 Irving Street, San Francisco, CA 94122. Please contact Amy Lenz, Development Associate, at 415-476-1665 or email@example.com with any questions.
- The Adopt-A-Family program matches families with individual or group sponsors to provide for their tangible needs at Christmas. Without the benefit of an adoption, these families would be looking forward to a very gloomy holiday. When an Adopt-A-Family match is made, the family information and wish lists are sent to the sponsor. Family House ensures that the family receives the gifts during the week before Christmas. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planned gifts include gifts through your will, charitable gift annuities, life insurance, pooled income funds, and charitable trusts. A planned gift to Family House will ensure the future of our services for other families while maximizing tax benefits. Family House, Inc. is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations to Family House are tax- deductible. No matter how you give, whether through workplace giving,
an outright gift such as a gift of stock, mutual fund shares, real estate, or a planned gift, you will enjoy the satisfaction of helping to relieve the burden of families in a time of crisis.
- The primary way to leave an unrestricted bequest to Family House is by including in your will or revocable trust language such as the following:
Bequests can be restricted to particular areas such as the Capital Campaign or General Operating budget. If you would like more information on how to leave a bequest to Family House, please contact Alexandra Morgan at (415) 476-1730.
- "I give to Family House, Inc., a California nonprofit 501(c)(3), [ALTERNATIVE ONE: the sum of $_______]
[ALTERNATIVE TWO: the residue of my estate]
[ALTERNATIVE THREE:________ % of the residue of my estate] to be used as directed by the CEO."
- Corporate matching gift programs give employees an opportunity to increase the impact of their gifts by doubling or even tripling their tax-deductible contributions. If your company has a matching gift program, obtain a matching gift form and program guidelines from your human resources office. Fill in the employee section of the form and send it to Family House along with your donation. We will complete the form and forward it to your employer's matching gifts office for processing. The company will then send its matching donation directly to us. Some companies disburse matching gifts on a quarterly or yearly schedule. If you have a question about your company's matching donation, please contact Amy Lenz, Development Associate, at 415-476-1665 or email@example.com.
- If you've been shopping with your S.H.A.R.E.S. card, we want to thank you for your support!
- If you haven't gotten your card yet, please consider this extremely easy way to support Family House and all of our families - just by doing your grocery shopping. The best part of this promotion is that you only have to show the card when you shop at any of these stores: Save Mart Supermarkets, S-Mart Foods, FoodMaxx, Lucky.
- Here is how simple it is for you to participate:
- There is no registration or application needed! Your privacy is protected.
- This program is at NO cost to you!
- Just show the card to the clerk as you check out and a donation of 3% of your qualified purchases will be made to Family House!
- Or you can send your address to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (415) 476-1665 and we will send one out right away. We don't think there can be an easier way to help our families! Looking forward to seeing you soon at your nearest local Lucky, Save Mart, S-Mart Foods or FoodMaxx store. For more information, please click here.
- Designate Family House, Inc. as your charity of choice when shopping at Amazon.com Smile, and we will receive a percentage of your eligible purchases!
- Just begin all of your orders at smile.amazon.com, and Amazon will do the rest!
- GoodSearch.com is a Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up!
- GoodShop.com is a new online shopping mall which donates up to 37 percent of each purchase to Family House! Hundreds of great stores including Amazon, Target, Gap, Best Buy, ebay, Macy's and Barnes & Noble are available on GoodShop. Every time you place an order, you'll be supporting Family House.
- Just go to Goodsearch.com and be sure to enter Family House as the charity you want to support.
- It's the little things that make a house a home. You can help Family House accomplish its mission by donating useful goods like household items, bedding, appliances, electronics, entertainment and games, cleaning supplies, phone cards, paper products and food. You can view our current wish list or you can learn more about donating goods by calling us at (415) 476-8321.
- If you have a skill or expertise that you would like to contribute to Family House, such as general contracting services, plumbing, handy-man work, and computer support and repair, please visit our volunteer page to find out how you can help.
- Here's how it works:
- Visit http://www.familyhouseinc-cardonations.org or:
- Call Toll-Free 1-888-543-7731 or email email@example.com to speak to a Family House Vehicle Donation Representative. Our Representative will schedule a pickup that is convenient for you, and provide you with confirmation of your donation.
- If the gross proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle are $500 or more and you provide your social security number to our Representative at the time of your donation, you will also receive an IRS tax form 1098C stating the sale price of the vehicle. This sales price is the amount you claim on the itemized tax return.
- According to the tax law effective January 1, 2005, if the claimed value of the donated vehicle exceeds $500, the taxpayer is limited to the gross proceeds of the sale.
- Family House needs volunteer support for our on-going fundraising efforts. Data entry, mailings, phone solicitation and event assistance are additional ways that you can volunteer! Please visit our Volunteer Opportunities page for more information.