Friday, October 26, 2018 at the Westin St. Francis: 335 Powell Street, San Francisco
Nancy Grand & Susan Mall
Mary Casey, Sue Dudum, Erin Felter, Lauren Haswell, Lorcan Kearney, John Kugler, Jacque Lindeman, Robin Mattimore, Kristin Medwick, Liz O’Connor, Saasha Orsi, Gerry Sangiacomo, Jeannie Sangiacomo, Kathleen Toney, Linda Turner
6:30pm Cocktail Reception
7:30pm Dinner & Live Auction
9:30pm Dessert Bar & Dancing to Poprocks
Join us for an evening of fun and inspiration!
Now in its 37th year, the Annual Family House Gala is a special celebration featuring dinner, dancing, live auction, heartwarming stories from some of our families, and so much more. Hundreds of dedicated friends, partners, and volunteers participate in this annual fundraising event.
Our Honoree: Okta
This year’s event will honor the philanthropic and volunteer service of Okta. The outstanding generosity and dedicated support of Okta employees and its CEO, Todd McKinnon, help Family House to provide 80 families per night with compassionate care and a home away from home while their child undergoes treatment for a life-threatening illness.
Auction Item Preview
Attend Coach Steve Kerr’s pregame Press Conference, take a behind-the-scenes tour of Oracle Arena, and watch a shoot-around from courtside seats – then take your Lower Level seats to cheer the Golden State Warriors in their final season at Oracle. Get pumped for a private hardhat tour of the new Chase Center stadium construction site in Mission Bay and be among the first to see the inside of the new arena. Tonight, take home a basketball autographed by the entire championship 2016-2017 team. Lot includes:
* Basketball autographed by 2016-2017 championship team
* 2 Lower Level tickets to a 2018-2019 regular season home game
* Access for 2 to a press conference
* Access for 2 to a pre-game shoot around
* Game day parking pass
* Hard hat tour for 2 of Chase Center construction site (restricted to guests age 18 and over)
Donated by: The Golden State Warriors
Luxury Vidanta resorts are renowned as top-of-class vacation destinations, with amenities including grand vista views, hot tubs, access to amazing golf courses, shopping, spas, and more. The winner will choose a 7-night stay for up to 4 adults and 2 children at one of these 7 Luxury Vidanta resort locations: Los Cabos, Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Maya, Acapulco, Puerto Penasco, or Puerto Vallarta. Lot includes:
* 7-night stay at winner’s choice of seven Luxury Vidanta resorts
* Ground transportation between airport and the resort
* Note: Number of included persons accommodated is dependent on resort selected.
Donated by: Nancy and Joe Blum
Have a taste of Family House’s exclusive Cabernet for Connoisseurs wine auction! Go home tonight with fine wines from four prestigious Napa Valley vintners that were featured at the 2018 event. Make plans for experiences at 3 of these acclaimed wineries – Anomaly Vineyards, Hamel Family Ranch, and Memento Mori Seal the deal with 2 tickets to the 24th annual Cabernet for Connoisseurs event, to be held at The St. Regis Hotel San Francisco on Saturday, March 16, 2019. Lot includes:
* Anomaly Vineyards: One magnum of cabernet sauvignon,
plus tour & tasting for six
* Hamel Family Wines: One magnum of 2014 Pamelita Reserve and one magnum of 2014 Hamel Family Ranch, plus tour & tasting for six
* Hourglass Estate: Six 750ml bottles of 2015 Hourglass Red Blend
* Memento Mori: One magnum of cabernet sauvignon, plus tasting for six
* Two tickets to Cabernet for Connoisseurs on March 16, 2019
Donated by: Anomaly Vineyards, Hamel Family Wines, Hourglass Estate, Memento Mori
Watch your San Francisco Giants in style, from a luxury box suite at AT&T Park. Package includes 12 tickets and 4 guest passes, plus parking for up to six cars at Family House, just blocks from the park! Before the game begins, 4 lucky members of your party will be able to visit the field during batting practice and warmups. Tonight, take home a Buster Posey autographed baseball for your collection, plus a gift basket filled with Giants goodies for superfans of all ages. Lot includes:
* 12 Luxury Box game tickets
* 4 Luxury Box guest passes
* Pregame field visit for 4 people
* Parking for six cars
* Buster Posey autographed baseball
* Giants swag gift basket
* Note: Valid on a mutually agreed upon date during the 2019 regular season.
Donated by: Nibbi Brothers General Contractors and The San Francisco Giants
Make a splash with an elegant party for 10 aboard the Far Niente, an 89-foot long, regally appointed private motor yacht, built in the Dutch Shipyard Devries in 1939. This yacht was previously owned by The Nickel Family, makers of Far Niente wines. An acclaimed private chef will prepare your elegant dinner aboard the vessel, paired with Far Niente wines. Enjoy the views of the San Francisco Bay, after embarking from your choice of Sausalito or the St. Francis Yacht Club in San Francisco. Lot includes:
* Cruise on San Francisco Bay on the Far Niente yacht
* Dinner for 10, paired with wines from Far Niente
* Note: Valid on a mutually agreed upon date through September 2019 (Normally does not sail past November due to weather)
Donated by: Nancy and Stephen Grand
Enjoy the ultimate epicurean experience with tonight’s auctioneer and “Foodie Chap” by day, Liam Mayclem. Bring an appetite for a curated Taste of California food tour through San Francisco’s Ferry Building. During the CUESA Farmers Market walkabout, visit farmers and purveyors with Liam and Chef Donato Scotti of CENTO Osteria as your guides. After the market tour, head to CENTO for a special pasta cooking class and wine-paired lunch. Top off your trip with a luxury stay for one night at the The Westin St. Francis Hotel. You won’t want to miss this tasty farm-to-table culinary experience! Lot includes:
* CUESA Market Tour for 4
* Cooking class at CENTO Osteria for 4
* Cocktail break at The Slanted Door
* Two rooms for one night at The Westin St. Francis Hotel
* SUV transportation from your hotel
* Note: Valid on a mutually agreed upon date before October 30, 2019. Please give 30 days advance notice for planning & hotel room availability.
Donated by: Chef Donato Scotti, Cento Osteria; Liam Mayclem; The Westin St. Francis Hotel
Over 20 bottles of top-shelf spirits, a beautiful bar cart, and all of the accessories you’d need to throw an incredible cocktail party
$50 for 1 ticket * $100 for 3 tickets
Thank You to Our Sponsors
AGA * Ahlborn Fence & Steel * Barbara and Allen Balik * Bass Electric * Nancy and Michael Borah * Canary Marketing * Phyllis and David Cook * Dana and Adele Corvin * DeHaro Ramirez Group * Sue Elkind * Epic Digital * Christine Eng * Amy and Morton Friedkin * InterPacific Group, Inc. * Catherine Kennedy * Mary Mariani * Helen Ripple * Susan and Alan Rothenberg * Connie Shapiro * Alice Shapiro and Bill Russell * Jill and Thatcher Thompson * Tony’s Pizza/International School of Pizza * Judy and Doug Weil
Your Support Matters
Founded in 1981, Family House is a 501(c) (3) no-profit pediatric guest house for families of seriously ill children receiving treatment at the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. More than just housing – it’s a home away from home, providing a supportive community and caring environment for the entire family while their child is undergoing treatment – all free from financial concern. Thanks to the generous philanthropic support of individuals, corporations and foundations, Family House provides all services for families 100% free of cost.
For additional event information, contact Alison Blom at 415-476-9723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.