Info for Families
If you or your loved ones have an upcoming stay with us, we hope you will find the information below useful.
Family House is meant to be your home away from home! Each floor has shared common areas, including a kitchen, living room, laundry room, and bathrooms. Here are some of the things you will find when you check in to family house:
- In our bedrooms: all sheeting and bedding, plus towels, and storage for your personal items
- In our kitchens: oven/stoves, microwaves, personal refrigerator, dishwasher, cabinet space, coffee maker, dining space for your family
- In our living rooms: comfy couches, TV, toys to share, and space to play in
- In our laundry rooms: washers, dryers, detergent, and fabric softener
- In our libraries: a wonderful selection of books for kids and adults, as well as a desk and computer with printer for getting work done
- In our backyard: a small garden patio with chairs and a barbecue, and the chance for a bit of fresh air and sunshine!
- In our offices: a dedicated staff available to answer your qustions and make your stay as comfortable as possible
- We also have entertainment systems (playstations, portable TV+DVD units) and laptop computers for you to borrow. Plus games and movies!
- Click here for a video tour of each of our houses.
What You Should Bring With You
Depending on the length of your stay at Family House, your needs will vary. Please be sure to bring clothes, toiletries, and medication for the duration of your stay. Should you forget something, there is a Walgreens and a Safeway in the neighborhood.
In addition to being within walking distance to the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, we are fortunate to be located in a vibrant neighborhood with many resources and activities. Right nearby, you'll find:
- US Post Office
- Bank of America
- A host of wonderful restaurants, many of which offer discounts to Family House families - ask us for more information.
- Golden Gate Park with the Koret Children's Quarter playground and Carousel
- The California Academy of Sciences (we have free passes - don't forget to ask!)
- The DeYoung Museum
- The San Francisco Zoo (we have free passes - don't forget to ask!)
- How can I stay at Family House?
- Our facilities are limited only to those who meet the qualifications set forth in conjunction with the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital social worker. Please speak with your social worker if you will be in need of a place to stay. Sorry, we cannot accommodate outside requests.
- How much does it cost to stay at Family House?
- Family House is 100% cost-free for all families. Please contact your UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital social worker to find out if you qualify to stay at Family House.
- How can I make a donation to Family House?
- Please click here to make a donation to Family House.
- How can I volunteer with Family House?
- Please click here to learn more about volunteering with Family House.
- Where does the money go?
- Please click here to learn more about how our donations are used to serve our families.