The Nancy & Stephen Grand Family House is just blocks from the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in Mission Bay. Features include:
- 80 bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom
- 92,000 square foot LEED Certified Platinum building
- 9,000 square foot outdoor courtyard
- Exercise room, Teen room, family parking, communal living, dining, and laundry facilities
- Free, temporary housing for families while their child is undergoing treatment for life-threatening illnesses at the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
Amenities at Family House
Family House is meant to be your home away from home! Each floor has shared common areas, including a kitchen, living room, and laundry room. Here are some of the things you will find when you check in to family house:
- In our bedrooms: all sheeting and bedding, plus towels, and storage for your personal items
- In our kitchens: oven/stoves, microwaves, personal refrigerator, dishwasher, cabinet space, coffee maker, dining space for your family
- In our living rooms: comfy couches, TV, toys to share, and space to play in
- In our laundry rooms: washers, dryers, detergent, and fabric softener
- In our play areas: books for kids and adults, Xbox One video game systems, TVs, and computers/printers
- In our specialty rooms: workout room, meditation room, teen room
- In our courtyard: a private courtyard with BBQ, perfect for getting a bit of fresh air and sunshine!
- In our offices: fax and mail services, and a dedicated staff available to answer your questions and make your stay as comfortable as possible
We also have entertainment systems, laptop computers, video games, and movies for you to borrow.
What You Should Bring With You
Depending on the length of your stay at Family House, your needs will vary. Please be sure to bring clothes, toiletries, and medication for the duration of your stay. Should you forget something, ask a staff member – we probably have what you need!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I stay at Family House?
- Our facilities are limited only to those who meet the qualifications set forth in conjunction with the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital social worker. Please speak with your social worker if you will be in need of a place to stay. Sorry, we cannot accommodate outside requests.
- How much does it cost to stay at Family House?
- Family House is 100% cost-free for all families. Please contact your UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital social worker to find out if you qualify to stay at Family House.
- How can I make a donation to Family House?
- Please click here to make a donation to Family House.
- How can I volunteer with Family House?
- Please click here to learn more about volunteering with Family House.
- Have more questions?
- Click here to contact a member of our staff.
We are LEED Certified
The Nancy & Stephen Grand Family House is LEED Certified Platinum.