Host a collection drive
Creating that community of support is what Family House is all about. Collection drives can be a great way for groups to get involved in helping others and make a big impact in a small amount of time.
Please email Kbanks@familyhouseinc.org once you have purchased from the amazon lists. We will send you a donation form to fill out so we can recognize your generosity. Thank you for supporting the families during a time of need.
- Food Drive (year round): Family House’s 8 kitchens each have a communal pantry stocked with staples, ensuring that families will always have something to eat. Providing shelf-stable food items is an easy way to make an impact and help to ease the burden on families. View our pantry wish list.
- Gift Card Drive (year round): Each month, volunteers host a monthly birthday party for everyone celebrating – teens and parents included. Donations of $25 gift cards (Target, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, etc.) are excellent year-round gifts for teens and caregivers. View our gift card wish list.
- Art Supplies Drive (year round): Family House staff and volunteers provide art therapy sessions throughout the week. Keep our art cart stocked and see the items we need most on our art supplies wish list. Please note that for the sake of the immune-compromised families that we serve, we can only accept in-kind donations that are new.
- Toy Drive (year round): Whenever a child arrives at Family House, they get to pick a toy from Fozzy’s Toy Room. We give away 85 toys a week! This program helps children feel comfortable in a new space, and gives returning families something to look forward to (besides a hospital visit). View our Fozzy’s Toy Room wishlist, and we encourage all volunteers to also donate a toy when they come to volunteer. Please note that for the sake of the immune-compromised families that we serve, we can only accept new toys.
- Holiday Stockings (year end): When families travel to San Francisco for their child’s medical treatment, Family House becomes their community and extended family. Being away from home can be especially difficult during the holidays, but you can help make the holidays bright for a family in need. Teens and caregivers are often forgotten during the holidays – please show them some extra love! With your help and support, we can make their holiday season special, too. Holiday stocking stuffer ideas include: headphones, makeup kits, gift cards, and brain teaser puzzles (no batteries required, please). View our holiday wish list. Please note that for the sake of the immune-compromised families that we serve, we can only accept in-kind donations that are new.