Happy Easter — Craft Activities to Celebrate Easter
Published on March 28, 2021
Happy Spring! Easter is April 4 this year and we have three arts and crafts projects for you to choose from. You can also do all three!
For this project, you will need:
- 1 sheet construction paper (any color)
- pink marker (or pink pencil/crayon)
- black gel pen (or pencil or black pencil/crayon)
1. Start by tracing and cutting out your handprint. TIP: Cut a small slit beside the baby finger. You want the bottom of the cut to line up with the bottom of the space beside the thumb.
2. Fold down the baby finger towards the center to make one of the bunny arms.
3. Next, fold down the thumb towards the center for the other bunny arm so the two hands touch in the middle.
4. Cut off the middle finger so you’re left with two finger bunny ears.
5. Use a pink marker, pen or pencil crayon to draw the pink parts of the ears. Then draw an oval for the rabbit’s nose
6. Using a black gel pen (or regular pen/marker), draw the rest of the face: eyes, whiskers, and mouth.
7. Finally draw two little paws at the bottom of the handprint to make the bunny’s feet.
8. Your bunny is complete! Make as many bunnies as you like.
For this project you will need:
- Tracing Paper
- Black Card Stock (or thick construction paper)
- Glue stick
- Tissue Paper (in different colors)
- Cut around both the outside and inside line of the egg’s or the bunny’s shape.
- Lay the cut-out pattern on top of a piece of tracing paper. Trace around the inside opening of the shape with a pencil. Do not cut out.
- Cut out 1″ x 1″ or larger squares from the tissue paper. You will need a lot of squares, so be sure to give yourself plenty to choose from when you start gluing.
- Spread glue using the glue stick over a 2″ x 2″ section within the traced shape on the tracing paper.
- Lay tissue squares in the glued area, overlapping colors as you go. Try not to leave any blank space. Add glue and tissue squares until the entire shape is covered. Set aside to dry.
- Trace the pattern onto black construction paper along both the inner and outer lines. Cut out around the outside as well as the inside to make the frame.
- Apply glue to the back of the black construction paper shape, and lay it over the “stained glass” tissue area, lining up the outline with the black frame. Press down all around the frame. Trim the excess tracing/tissue paper from around the outside.
- Punch a hole in the top, center of the shape. Thread a 6″ piece of string through the hole to make a hanger and tie a knot. Trim the excess string
Have fun, and Happy Easter!
Share and tag @familyhousesf on your favorite social networks so we can see your creativity!