March 17, 2018 at The St. Regis Hotel San Francisco
125 3rd St, San Francisco, CA 94103
5:30 pm – Wine Tasting & Silent Auction
7:00 pm – Dinner & Live Auction
This exclusive event boasts exceptional wine tastings from world-class vintners and a gourmet dinner, as well as silent and live live auctions featuring renowned wines, unparalleled luxury and travel packages, and truly one-of-a-kind experiences. This singular event appeals not only to the wine connoisseur, but also to anyone who enjoys festive indulgence in the spirit of generosity. All funds raised benefit Family House, providing care and comfort for families with children battling cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
Scott Miller and Jeff Smith
Carolyn Duryea, Steve Goldfarb, Susie Heller, Kimberly Jones, Lorcan Kearney, John Kugler, Adriel Lares, Kim Murphy, Bob Nibbi, Bill Shea, Dan Toney, Alex Virgilio, Spencer Wang, Faith Wheeler, Michelle Yoshinaka, Debbie Zachareas
Thank you to our Lead Sponsors:
The Kalmanovitz Charitable Foundation
Pamela and George Hamel, Jr.
Arrow & Branch
Behrens Family Winery
Bure Family Winery
Dalla Valle Vineyards*
Diamond Creek Vineyards*
Hamel Family Wines
Herb Lamb Vineyards
Marston Family Vineyard
Memento Mori Winery
Morlet Family Vineyards
Page Wine Cellars
Pride Mountain Vineyards
Robert Foley Vineyards*
Secret Indulgence Wines
Vineyard 7 & 8
Von Strasser Winery
Founded in 1981, Family House is a pediatric guest house for families with a child being treated for a serious illness at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in San Francisco. More than just housing – Family House offers care, comfort and a worry-free environment. As a is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, it is the generous donations from individuals, corporations, foundations and events like Cabernet for Connoisseurs that allow us to provide our vital services 100% free of charge to all families who stay under our roof.
Live Auction Lots
Have you ever wanted to know what it would feel like to be a major leaguer? Now is your chance! Prep your list of questions as you and 3 friends kick off your San Francisco Giants adventure with a spectacular evening of dining with SF Giants Manager Bruce Bochy, Hourglass Winery Proprietors Jeff Smith and Carolyn Duryea, and Switchback Ridge Founder Kelly Peterson. Well-known executive chef Gary Penir will prepare an exclusive dinner for your group, served and paired with handcrafted wines from Hourglass and Switchback Ridge. The following day, you and your friends will get to hone your baseball skills during batting practice with the players and Bruce. Afterwards, kick back in your suite and enjoy the game! To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date during the 2018 regular baseball season. Includes:
- Batting practice for 4 with SF Giants players and Bruce Bochy
- Dinner for 4 with chef Gary Penir, Bruce Bochy, Jeff Smith, Carolyn Duryea, and Kelly Peterson
- 6 seats in a suite during a regular season SF Giants home game, including food and beverages (including alcohol)
- Accommodations at The InterContinental Mark Hopkins: 2 rooms for 1 night
Donated by: Bruce Bochy and the San francisco Giants; Hourglass Estate; Nibbi Brothers General Contractors; Switchback Ridge
Exclusive Wine & Dine Napa Weekend
You and 3 very lucky guests will have the chance to experience the exclusive wines of Memento Mori. Your tour and tasting will lead you on a journey through one of the most newly acclaimed wineries in the Napa Valley, and you will depart with your very own 3 liter of Memento Mori. That evening, you’ll enjoy an exceptional dinner and wine pairing selected by Master Sommeliers Desmond Echavarrie and Matt Stamp at Compline, the newest hot spot in Napa. After dinner, retire to your rooms at the intimate and luxurious Carneros Inn for the perfect ending to a perfect weekend. To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Expires March 17, 2019. Includes:
- Tour and tasting at Memento Mori for 4
- One 3 liter bottle, Memento Mori
- Dinner and wine pairing by Master Sommeliers Desmond Echavarrie and Matt Stamp at Compline in Napa for 4
- Accommodations at Carneros Inn: 2 rooms for 2 nights
Donated by: Memento Mori Winery; Scale Wine Group; Compline Wine Bar, Restaurant & Merchant
Hollywood Up Close and Personal
Hello Hollywood! Be part of the action as you and 3 friends attend a live script reading by the cast of the 5-time Emmy Award-winning comedy, Modern Family! Laugh alongside the cast as they perform at the historic Fox Studios lot in Los Angeles. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet the cast and enjoy the show from the best seats in the house. Then it’s “rock, paper, scissors” to see which two of you get the chance to partake in a VIP visit to the Jimmy Kimmel Live! studio, while the other two explore the Hollywood scene. Reunite for dinner at the glamorous Tavern LA, where you’ll experience some of the best seasonal American cuisine in a not-to-be missed posh environment. Your Los Angeles weekend away will include a two-night stay at the modern W Hollywood hotel, located in the heart of Hollywood. Table reading for adults 18 and over to be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date during Season 10 filming (tentatively mid-August, 2018 through mid-March 2019). Expires March 16, 2019. Airfare not included. Lot includes:
- Modern Family table read for 4 at the Fox Studios lot in Los Angeles
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! VIP studio visit for 2
- Dinner at Tavern LA for 4
- Accommodations at the W Hollywood: 2 rooms for 2 nights
Donated by: 20th Century Fox Television; W Hollywood; Tavern LA; Jimmy Kimmel Live!
The Finest of French Food & Wine
Enjoy an intimate dinner for 12 people in the private dining room at San Francisco’s Jardinière restaurant. Known for delivering modern French-California cuisine, Jardinière’s celebrity chef Traci Des Jardins has won the hearts of thousands of visitors over the past 18 years. Enjoy understated elegance throughout the evening with service tailored to your every whim. Along with incredible food, you’ll have the pleasure of experiencing some of the most sought-after French wines from the extensive private cellar of philanthropists Elizabeth and Bill Shea. Make amazing memories with this special experience! To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Expires March 16, 2019. Lot includes:
- Dinner for 12 at Jardinière in San Francisco
- 1 Magnum 2006 Roederer Crystal
- 1 Magnum 1989 Chateau Mouton Rothschild
- 1 750ml 1999 Domaine Leflaive Chevalier Montrachet
- 1 750ml 2011 Domaine Coche-Dury Meursault
- 1 750ml 2002 Domaine Vogue Musigny
- 1 750ml 2002 Domaine Romanee-Conti Richebourg
- 1 bottle 2001 Chateau d’Yquem
Donated by: Elizabeth and Bill Shea
Wine Pairing Dinner for Sixteen
This is an incredible opportunity to bring together your closest friends to enjoy a spectacular dinner at one of the most scenic destinations—HALL’s historic Bergeld Vineyard, located at the base of the breathtaking Mayacamas Mountains. You and 15 others will enjoy an extraordinary 4-course meal, meticulously paired with HALL’s acclaimed artisan cabernets, which have received 95+ ratings year after year. Learn the history behind the winery—from its early beginnings, to the team’s dedication to the arts and sustainability, to Kathryn Hall’s unique and impressive experiences, including her years as Ambassador to Austria. The stories will be endless as you sip your way through a remarkable evening. To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Expires March 17, 2019. Includes:
- Dinner for 16 at the historic Bergfeld Vineyard at HALL Napa Valley
- 4-course meal paired with HALL Artisan Cabernet Sauvignon
- Winery tour and tasting for 16
Donated by: HALL Napa Valley
Trinity of Food, Wine & Art with Jacques Pépin
Dine at Thomas Keller’s acclaimed three-Michelin-starred Per Se restaurant in New York City with internationally recognized French chef, Jacques Pépin, and renowned culinary writer and producer, Susie Heller. In an intimate environment, enjoy spectacular views of Central Park at this meal of a lifetime with two of the leading experts on the subject of excellent food. Learn about the food and techniques that make Thomas Keller’s cuisine some of the most sought after on the planet. This is an experience of the senses not to be missed.
The winning bidder will take home a highly sought-after 5L of 2015 Amuse Bouche Napa Valley Pomerol belnd, made from some of the best grapes in the Napa Valley, rivaling some of the greatest cross-Atlantic counterparts, such as Chateau Petrus and Chateau Le Pin. Heidi Barrett has created a masterpiece in a bottle—and not just any bottle: the Amuse Bouche 2015 label is graced with astonishing artwork entitled Le Pique-Nique by Jacques Pépin. This limited edition bottle, one of only 12, is signed by both Heidi and label artist Jacques, whose artistic works have sold for up to $50,000. You will also have the honor of bringing home one of Jacques’ original paintings framed in an authentic Tuscan poplar frame.
- Dinner for two at three-Michelin-starred Per Se restaurant in New York City, dining alongside Jacques Pépin and Susie Heller
- Two-night hotel stay in New York City
- Original Jacques Pépin acrylic painting, Barnyard Brawl, framed in museum-quality glass and a Tuscan poplar frame
- A hand-etched and painted 5 liter jeroboam of Amuse Bouche Napa Valley Pomerol blend 2015, signed by winemaker Heidi Barrett and chef Jacques Pépin
- Dinner to be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Expires March 16, 2019.
Donated by: Jacques Pépin, John Schwartz, and Susie Heller
The Ultimate Napa Valley Luxury Retreat
This is the best-of-the-best when it comes to Napa Valley. Start this remarkable retreat with a private tour and tasting for six at the highly-acclaimed Harlan Estate, producer of a wine that has been called “the single most profound red wine made not just in California, but in the world.” Follow the tasting with a dining experience unlike any other at Thomas Keller’s iconic restaurant, The French Laundry, which has drawn attention for its stunning presentation, fresh ingredients, and culinary innovation since it opened in 1994. The French Laundry has recently been ranked as the number one restaurant in California, and you will soon know why. Enjoy each detail, each morsel, to its fullest because afterwards, you will be able to rest and relax at the award-winning luxury resort, Meadowood Napa Valley—the perfect ending to a dreamy Napa Valley experience.
- Dinner at The French Laundry Dinner for 6 (including private garden tour)
- Tour and tasting at Harlan Estate for 6
- Accommodations and Meadowood Napa Valley: 3 rooms for 1 night
- This retreat is for 6 people. To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. (Meadowood stays limited to Sunday through Wednesday nights.) Expires March 17, 2019
Donated by: Harlan Estate; Meadowood
Savor the World from the Sea
View the land from the sea while you make unforgettable memories aboard an elegant 10 day cruise. Whether you choose to discover Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, or the South Pacific, you will experience uncompromising quality as you explore history, culture, art, and culinary delights of a new destination. Relax on board the luxurious ship and savor exquisite cuisine that is known as the finest at sea, inspired by Master Chef Jacques Pépin. Unwind in the relaxed ambiance as you lounge poolside, get pampered at the Canyon Ranch SpaClub, and enjoy the overall intimacy Oceania Cruises offer. When you return home, you can relive your memories as you work your way through a case of wonderful wine.
- Winner’s choice of any 12 nights (or less) cruise for 2 in a Concierge Balcony Stateroom (Category A) Oceania Cruise embarking in 2018 or 2019
- Destination options include: Northern Europe, Mediterranean, South Pacific, Caribbean, and more
- Twelve 750ml bottles of Napa Valley wines
- Must be booked by December 31, 2018. Excludes air fare, hotels, ground transportation, gratuities, shore excursions, travel visas, passenger protection insurance, and any incidental purchases.
Donated by: Oceania Cruises & Bob Binder; Linda and Steve Goldfarb; Becky and Scott Miller; Kathleen and Dan Toney
Rockin’ Winemaker Dreams
Channel your inner winemaker at a private blending session at Garagiste winery in Napa Valley where you will blend and bottle 5 cases of wine to take home as your family’s own personal stash. You will have access to Garagiste’s super-premium Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Malbec, and Merlot to use as you craft your own unique blend. Garagiste winemaker, Bryan Page, will walk you through the ins and outs of blending and bottling while spinning vinyl from his extensive music collection. Once bottled, your wines will be finished off with custom labels featuring your family name. Along with 5 cases of wine, you’ll take home a custom “Mike Dirnt” Fender bass guitar, signed by Green Day legend Mike Dirnt himself. To top off your Napa Valley visit, enjoy an authentic and beloved Napa Valley experience on the Napa Valley Wine Train, echoing the glory days of train travel, with fine dining service, multi-course meals, Napa Valley scenery, and ultimate relaxation aboard exquisitely restored vintage rail cars.
- Personal blending session for 4 at Garagiste winery in Napa Valley with winemaker Bryan Page
- 5 cases (60 bottles) of personalized 750ml bottles
- Custom Mike Dirnt Fender bass guitar signed by Green Day’s Mike Dirnt
- Napa Valley Wine Train tickets for 4
- Blending session to be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Expires March 17, 2019
Donated by: Page Wine Cellars; Mike Dirnt; Napa Valley Wine Train
BUY A SPOT: The Mabon – VIP in the House
Celebrate the 2018 harvest in style as Hourglass Estate’s honored guest at the winery’s infamous harvest party, The Mabon. Preeminent party-throwers and proprietors, Jeff Smith and Carolyn Duryea, will treat you to a rockin’ good time that you won’t soon forget. You’ll dine along with the evening’s performing artists in the Hourglass caves, enjoying a multi course dinner prepared by Gary Penir, former sous chef at Cyrus, endless glasses of Hourglass wine, and an acoustic performance to accompany your meal. After dinner, join the other guests to continue the festivities and howl at the moon! The Mabon will be held on Saturday, September 8, 2018. Buy A Spot lots are limited!
- Purchase your ticket for $2,500 per couple ($1,250 per person)
Donated by: Hourglass
Shafer’s Hillside Select set the benchmark for Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, with experts touting that the wines have reached first-growth standards over the past two decades. Any Cabernet lover will be enamored with this amazing wine that boasts a rich and powerful flavor with soft and silky tannins, and has years of aging potential. This incredible lot includes an eight-magnum vertical of Shafer Hillside Select, including three 100 point vintages. Your biggest dilemma will be deciding who to share them with!
- 8 Magnums: Shafer Hillside Select 2001, Shafer Hillside Select 2002, Shafer Hillside Select 2003, Shafer Hillside Select 2004, Shafer Hillside Select 2005, Shafer Hillside Select 2006, Shafer Hillside Select 2007, Shafer Hillside Select 2008
Donated by: Shafer Vineyards
The Run for the Roses Weekend for 4
Welcome in the month of May at one of the most prestigious horse races in the world – The Kentucky Derby! You and three friends will enjoy “the most exciting two minutes in sports” and so much more. The joys and rich traditions of the Derby will be yours all weekend as you gather under the Twin Spires at Churchill Downs – sipping on endless mint juleps, exhibiting your finest Derby fashion, placing a bet on Good Magic or Bolt d’Oro, and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
- Dates: Thursday, May 4 – Sunday, May 7, 2018
- Three nights’ accommodations for 2 couples at the Hyatt Place Louisville
- 4 tickets, Longines Kentucky Oaks Race on Friday, May 5 – section 110
- 4 tickets, Kentucky Derby Races on Saturday, May 6 – section 110
- Transport between the Hyatt Place Louisville and Churchill Downs Race Track on Friday, May 5 and Saturday, May 6
- Food and drinks, including alcohol, on Friday, May 5 and Saturday, May 6
Donated by: Anonymous
The Ultimate Pairing: Five Wineries, Five A-List Chefs, Five Signed 3-Liters, AND two nights at famed Beaulieu Vineyards Guest House for TEN people
Join Anomaly Vineyards, Behrens Family Winery, Drinkward Peschon, Relic Wine Cellars, and Zeitgeist Cellars for an unforgettable day of food and wine pairing in Napa Valley, two glorious nights in the historic Beaulieu Vineyards Guest House set in the middle of vineyards and dinner prepared by renowned chef, Dave Cruz (previously of Napa Valley’s Bouchon and Ad Hoc, and now San Francisco’s Little Gem)
Convene at picturesque Beaulieu Vineyards Guest House in Rutherford to start your day with coffee and pastry. From there, your limo for the day will take you to the wineries for tastings of reserve and library wines paired specially with delicious bites by these amazing chefs:
- Chris Cosentino (Los Alcobas – Acacia House)
- Douglas Keane (Cyrus, Two Birds One Stone, Healdsburg Bar and Grill)
- Christopher Kostow (The Restaurant at Meadowood [3 Michelin stars], The Charter Oak)
- Casey Thompson, BRAVO Top Chef
At the end of your day, your limo will deliver you back to the Beaulieu Vineyards Guest House where you can relax until your private dinner is served. Additionally, this evening, you will take home FIVE three-liter, signed bottles—one from each winery.
This experience is for 10 people. To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Expires March 17, 2019.
Donated by: Anomaly Vineyards, Behrens Family Winery, Drinkward Peschon, Relic Wine Cellars, Zeitgeist Cellars, Patrick and Dagmar Sullivan, Chef Cosentino, Chef Cruz, Chef Keane, Chef Kostow, Chef Thompson
“Pinch Me I’m Dreaming” Dinner with Thomas Keller
Your dream dinner becomes a reality as you and 19 of your closest friends are treated to a dinner prepared by award-winning culinary master, Thomas Keller, and food media extraordinaire, Susie Heller. Raise a glass—or two, or three—of Shafer Vineyard’s wines as you learn how to create a lobster boil, the Thomas Keller way. Put on your bibs, sit at a long table, and enjoy a casual and fun lobster boil unlike any other with an array of seafood provided by Osprey Seafood. Imagine spending time cooking and sharing the table with Thomas Keller, the only American born chef to hold two prestigious three-star Michelin Guide ratings, and Susie Heller, a culinary writer and producer who has worked with world-famous chefs including Julia Child, Jacques Pépin, Thomas Keller, and José Andres.
The good news is this dream can come true!
- Dinner for 20, including lobster boil and Shafer wines
- Do-It-Yourself Lobster Boil Accoutrements: lobster pot, paddle, strainer, burner, and spices
- To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date, summer through fall 2018
Donated by: Shafer Vineyards; Thomas Keller and Susie Heller; Osprey Seafood; Sarah Scott and Jorge Velasquez
European Luxury Cruise: River Boat Tour for Two + Pre-Cruise Private Tasting with Debbie Zachareas
Discover some of the world’s most acclaimed wine regions with an unparalleled experience aboard a romantic river cruise. From luxurious rooms to culinary masterpieces, there’s no better way to explore Europe’s most exquisite wine regions. The moto aboard the ship? “No request too large, no detail too small.” Whether you choose to sail the Rhine or the Danube, extraordinary scenery, exclusive treasures, and exquisite landscapes lay ahead, with every detail perfected.
Once you decide on your destination, Debbie Zachareas, celebrated Sommelier and Partner at Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant, will host you for an intimate wine education class and tasting focusing on your region of choice.
This trip of a lifetime is yours for the taking!
- 7 night/8 day European Boutique River Cruise
- Private region-specific wine education with Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant Sommelier and Partner, Debbie Zachareas (to be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date)
- Cruise includes all gratuities onboard and onshore, all onboard dining, unlimited alcoholic beverages, tours & excursions, port charges, onboard fitness center, wellness classes, use of bicycles & Nordic walking sticks, Wi-Fi, and airport transfers
- Upper deck room with a French balcony stateroom and river view (suites and junior suites are excluded)
- Transfers to and from airport to ship and ship to airport are complimentary, so long as the passengers are embarking and disembarking on the cruise start and end date
- Expires December 31, 2018 (Blackout dates include May, June, and September 1-October 15)
Donated by: Uniworld River Cruises
Breathtaking Bay Views Far Niente-Style
Cruise the San Francisco bay aboard the beautiful “Far Niente” motor yacht, with ultra-modern features that create an incredibly smooth and enjoyable boating experience. Once aboard, you’ll dine on a spectacular meal prepared by Top Chef Lizzie Binder, who has worked at many of the most well-known Bay Area restaurants such as Bar Bambino, Cyrus, and Redd, mastering her sought-after culinary techniques. Each dish served will be thoughtfully paired with some of Far Niente’s finest Napa Valley wines.
- San Francisco Bay cruise for 10 people aboard the Far Niente motor yacht
- Dinner prepared by Top Chef Lizzie Binder
- This experience is for 10 people. To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date through September, 2018. Expires September 30, 2018.
Donated by: Nancy and Stephen Grand; Chef Lizzie Binder
Napa Valley Fire Recovery Trailer Party VIP
Dan Kosta and his family lost their home in the historic and tragic wine country fires of 2017. As they await the rebuilding of their home, they are honored to support fire recovery efforts any way they can. The Kostas invite two couples to join them in attending a start studded Trailer Party “celebration” of fire recovery at the impressive Arista Winery in Sonoma County. Enjoy the finest cuisine created by renowned chefs such as Emeril Lagasse, Guy Fieri, Michael Mina, and Dustin Vallette. This is an event not to be missed! Each couple will take home an etched, hand painted 5 liter bottle of Dan Kosta and Alden Lagasse’s very own 2014 AldenAlli Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. After the party, each couple will enjoy a wonderful night away at the luxurious Hotel Healdsburg. The Trailer Party Celebration of Fire Recovery will take place on June 9, 2018.
- VIP Trailer Party Celebration of Fire Recovery tickets for 4 people
- Accommodations at Hotel Healdsburg in Healdsburg: 2 rooms for 1 night
- Two 5 liter bottles of 2014 AldenAlli Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
Donated by: AldenAlli
Bring Home Cabernet for Connoisseurs
As you marvel at the amazing wines being poured throughout the Cabernet for Connoisseurs event, know that the fun doesn’t have to end. One bottle from each and every winery present will be yours to sip and savor in the comfort of your own home. If you are a cabernet sauvignon lover, this lot is for you! Enjoy exclusive, small batch treasures made by some of the most well-known winemakers in the world. These wineries represent the best-of-the-best, and they are yours for the taking.
Donated by: Pouring vintners from the 2018 Cabernet for Connoisseurs event
Exclusive Wine and Food Experience from Mountain to Valley
Enjoy an exclusive Sonoma Wine Country getaway from mountain top to valley floor! Your group of up to 4 people will enjoy one night in the newly-renovated Ranch House at Hamel Family Wines (HFW) overlooking the vineyards. During your stay, indulge in an insider’s lunch, tour, and tasting at two of Sonoma County’s most quietly luxurious properties: Cornell Vineyards and Hamel Family Wines.
Your lot includes transportation throughout Sonoma County during your stay, as well as dinner at Sonoma County’s most exciting new restaurant, Single Thread Farms. Finally, just to ensure that you get into the right frame of mind, the highest bidder will leave with a signed magnum of the debut vintage 2013 Cornell Vineyards Estate Cabernet Sauvignon and a magnum of 2014 Isthmus, HFW Estate Cabernet Sauvignon blend.
To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019. Includes:
- Accommodations for 4 at the newly renovated Ranch House on the grounds of Hamel Family Wines in Sonoma Valley for 1 night
- Private lunch, tour, and tasting at Cornell Vineyards for 4
- Private lunch, tour, and tasting at Hamel Family Wines for 4
- Private ground transportation throughout your stay
- Dinner at Single Thread Farms for 4, excluding wine, tax, and tip
- 1 signed 1.5 liter bottle of Cornell Vineyards 2013 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 signed 1.5 liter bottle of Hamel Family Wines 2014 Isthmus
Donated by: Vanessa and Henry Cornell, Cornell Vineyards; Pam and George Hamel, Jr., Hamel Family Wines
No celebration will ever be the same — at least not the next nine—once you score your own library of incredible 3 liter bottles from some of Napa’s favorite winery destinations. You’ll take home eight of your very own large format bottles of red to enjoy with friends and family. Included in this stellar lot are eight bottles of luscious red wine from iconic wineries including Duckhorn Vineyards, Grace Family Vineyards, Robert Foley Vineyards,
Pride Mountain Vineyards, Vineyard 7&8 and Vineyard 29 — wow! In addition, you’ll enjoy a bottle of Jean-Charles Boisette’s luxurious JCB Brut. Don’t be surprised when the invitations start rolling in! Includes:
- Two 3 liter bottles, Duckhorn Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
- One 3 liter bottle, 2012 Grace Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
- One 3 liter bottle, 2012 Grace Family Vineyards BLANK Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- One 3 liter bottle, JCB No 21 Brut, Cremant de Bourgogne
- One 3 liter bottle, 2014 Pride Cabernet Sauvignon
- One 3 liter bottle, 2013 Robert Foley Claret
- One 3 liter bottle, 2014 Vineyard 7&8 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- One 3 liter bottle, 2009 Vineyard 29 Aida Cabernet Sauvignon
Donated by: Duckhorn Vineyards; Grace Family Vineyards; JCB; Pride Mountain Vineyards; Robert Foley Vineyards; Vineyard 7&8; Kathleen and Dan Toney
Luxury Napa Valley Weekend Getaway
You and 3 others will enjoy a luxurious Napa Valley weekend that will include exquisite food, unparalleled winery experiences, and take home gifts that others will envy. Start off with breathtaking views from Pulido~Walker Winery estate, where you’ll enjoy a private tasting of their highly sought-after single vineyard designate estate Cabernet Sauvignon, made by winemaker Thomas Rivers Brown. Next, channel your inner winemaker with a blending session and private tasting with Keith Emerson and Chuck McMinn at Vineyard 29, served alongside a California-inspired lunch. In the evening, relax at The Ink House, a premiere wine country travel destination, combining elegance and wine country style with gracious hospitality. The next day, you’ll have the opportunity to experience Philippe Melka’s exquisite small lot collectible wines from Fairchild Napa Valley, paired with an elegant lunch. To make departing a little easier, you’ll be taking home a Pulido~Walker magnum, 4 Vineyard 29 magnums, and 2 Fairchild 750ml bottles for your cellar. To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Expires March 16, 2019. Includes:
- Accommodations at The Ink House: 2 rooms for 2 nights, including a European-style breakfast
- Dinner for 4
- Pulido~Walker tasting + 1 magnum
- Vineyard 29 lunch, tasting, and blending session + 4 magnums
- Fairchild Napa Valley lunch and tasting + 2 750ml bottles
Donated by: Fairchild Napa Valley; Pulido~Walker; Vineyard 29; The Ink House
Keeper of the Lore – Game of Thrones at Hourglass
Curious about Dornish wine (It’s not Napa cab, but it’s pretty good.), Daenerys’ next move, the advance of the Whitewalkers? Obsessed with Game of Thrones? Of course you are! THIS is your ticket to learn the lore of what lurks behind the GOT scenes. You and 9 of your luckiest Game of Thrones-loving friends will be in heaven as you share a dinner with Bryan Cogman, Game of Thrones writer, co-executive producer, and “Keeper of the Lore,” as said by GOT author George R.R. Martin. In the rough-hewn vault at Hourglass, your crew will savor a feast conjured by three-Michelin-starred chef Chris Kostow (The Restaurant at Meadowood and Charter Oak), featuring his take on the fare of the land. As you dine, feel free to ask the most minute or daring questions that capture your fancy. But keep in mind, Bryan has a reputation of killing off his favorite characters…! To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date, preferably in August, 2018. Expires March 17, 2019. Includes:
- Dinner for 10 in the Hourglass vault with Game of Thrones writer/co-executive producer Bryan Cogman
- Meal prepared by critically acclaimed Chef Chris Kostow
- Pairing wines provided by Hourglass
Donated by: Carolyn Duryea and Jeff Smith, Hourglass Estate; Christopher Kostow; Bryan Cogman
Take home fourteen 1.5L magnums from some of Napa Valley’s most historic cult wineries. Dalla Valle, Memento Mori, Ovid, Spottswoode, Patria, and more will share their finest, richest, most undeniably delicious wines with you to age or enjoy… your choice. Includes 14 magnums:
- 2014 Blackbird Arise Proprietary Red
- 2013 Dalla Valle Cabernet
- 2013 Dalla Valle Maya
- 2014 HALL Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2014 Herb Lamb Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2014 Hourglass
- 2015 Lail J. Daniel Cuvee
- 2014 Marston Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2015 Memento Mori
- 2014 Ovid
- 2015 Patria Avoyelles
- 2013 Pott Kaliholmanok Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2015 Sinegal Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2014 Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
Donated by: Blackbird Vineyards, Dalla Valle Vineyards, Hall Napa Valley, Herb Lamb Vineyards, Hourglass Estate, Lail Vineyards, Marston Family Vineyard, Memento Mori, Ovid, Sinegal Estate Winery, Patria, Spottswoode Winery, Pott Wines
Blending with the Best
Uncork your inner winemaker as you master blending techniques from one of the best winemaking duos in the world, Philippe and Cherie Melka. You and 5 lucky guests will experience a day of wine unlike any other. Philippe, who honed his craft at Haut-Brion, Petrus, and Dominus, and his wife, Cherie, longtime wine expert, will host you at their beautiful estate in the heart of St. Helena. Prepare to get serious and to have some serious fun as you compete against each other to create the best-testing blend. Philippe and Cherie will guide you along the way with inspiring blending insights and tips. Once your wine is complete, it will be judged against the others in a blind tasting. The winner will walk away with a signed magnum of the Melka Estate’s CJ 2015. But, whether you’re named the day’s blending master or not, everyone will walk away a winner with 3 750ml bottles from the Melka Estates portfolio. Following your blending session, enjoy a Meadowood-curated lunch with Philippe and Cherie, paired with wines from the Melka portfolio. To be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. Expires March 17, 2019. Includes:
- Fun and educational blending session with Philippe and Cherie Melka at Melka Estates for 3 couples (6 people)
- Each couple will make a blend from base wines that they hand select
- One 1.5 liter magnum of Melke Estates CJ 2015
- Each couple will receive 3 750 ml bottles from the Melka Estates portfolio
- Lunch for 6 with Philippe and Cherie Melka, curated by Meadowood
Donated by: Melka Estates and Winery