Volunteers play a pivotal role in the success of our mission by assisting our staff in providing a safe and comfortable home for families in crisis. We rely on over 4,000 volunteers per year, and we need your help! We work with each volunteer to make sure your time is used efficiently and productively. We have been fortunate to work with an abundance of hardworking San Francisco corporate, church, school, independent groups, and individuals, and we hope you will join us!
- Cleaning, organizing, etc.
- Hosting a Family Meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner, or BBQ)
- Hosting a birthday or holiday party
- Hosting an arts & crafts or music activity
- Staffing fundraising events
- Reception desk or concierge desk position
- Office assistance
- Special talent volunteers – therapy dogs, entertainers, yoga, massage therapy, etc.
- Have an idea not listed above? Email us!
Summer Volunteer Program for High School Students
- A great way to earn service hours
- Wednesdays, 3pm-6pm from June 27th through July 31st
- Please click here for more details and to apply
Other Ways to Help
- Food, toiletry, or gift card drives
- Assembling welcome or care packages for families
- Join the Family House YPAC
- Make birthday or get well cards
- Make hats or scarves
- Help spread the word about the Family House mission
What Volunteers Say
“What an experience it has been partnering with Family House – with each volunteer opportunity, I am reminded of the impact we can make in our own community.” – Gena Chen, Director of Catering & Event Management, The St. Regis Hotel San Francisco
“Family House is always the first organization that I think of when I am able to provide resources or a helping hand. The services and support that the Family House team provides are invaluable to the families that they serve, and they are such an important member of the community. The staff and volunteers deeply care about the organization and the families that they host, which makes this place so special. It is rare to find an organization with as much heart and soul as Family House.”-Emily Barragan, Global Communications & Public Affairs, Talent & Leader Communications, Gap Inc.